Smaller organisations working in the humanitarian and development sector can often find the idea of implementing safeguarding measures intimidating. It may be that they are unfamiliar with the term or feel they do not have the resources to implement new measures.
This webinar addresses the steps that need to be taken to implement safeguarding and Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Sexual Harassment (PSEAH), following the structure of the RSH Safeguarding Journey:
• What is safeguarding
• How to assess and plan safeguarding
• What is needed for safeguarding
• What to do if there is a problem
- Martin Juma, Mshauri wa Kulinda Usalama / Safeguarding consultant and Founder of Tunza Child Safeguarding, a Kenyan based consultancy
Martin Juma is a Safeguarding expert and Founder of Tunza Child Safeguarding, a Kenyan based consultancy focusing on partnering with organizations to establish bespoke safeguarding structures and measures for children and vulnerable adults. He is also the current Chairperson of CSAK - Child Safeguarding Alliance of Kenya. He brings to the table over 11 years of practical experience in Protection and Safeguarding having worked with numerous National and International Organizations in various contexts and countries across the continent including South Sudan, Djibouti. Somali, Kenya, Tanzania, Sierra Leone, Zambia and Ethiopia. He holds a BA in Social Work and currently pursuing an MA in Counselling Psychology.
- Edna Kamaleki (Wakili), Mshauri wa Kulinda Usalama / Safeguarding and Child Rights Consultant, Founder and Managing Director of Legal and Child Rights Consult Firm
She supported International and National CSOs to review and formulate child rights guidelines: - Child and Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding, Children in alternative Care, GBV/VAC protocols, Child Participation, National Child Helpline Manual and Child Protection. She served as a Chairperson for Tanzania Child Rights Forum (with more 200 CSOs). She worked with Save the Children International and UNHCR.She is a member of International Women Development (IWD), Tanzania Women Lawyers Association, Tanganyika Law Society (TLS), Tanzania CSOs Coalition Against Child Labour, Tanzania Ending Child Marriage and AHEAD Inc Tanzania Board of Directors.
Mwenyekiti / Chair:
- Michael Rueben, Mtaalamu wa Kulinda Usalama na Mjumbe wa Kamati ya Ushauri ya Kituo cha Rasilimali na Usaidizi / Safeguarding consultant, RSH Advisory Group member and the Executive Director of Elimu Mwangaza based in Moshi, Tanzania
Please also be advised that this webinar contains content on safeguarding, that some may find distressing.