The Open University in partnership with the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office
(FCDO) has launched a collection of three supported online training courses focused on
safeguarding for the international aid sector.
The third and final course, "Leadership in safeguarding in the international aid sector" will
provide those in leadership, governance and management positions in the international aid sector,
with an understanding of how to develop leadership skills and a culture of accountability within their
organisation, to help keep people safe.
This course will start on 9 May 2022. It will be accompanied by a launch webinar, running on 4 May at 1300-1400 UK time, as well as three course-related webinars which will run in May and June, to support and enhance the online learning piece.
Features of the course:
- Contains 8 hours of learning, over 4 6 weeks.
- Is hosted on the FutureLearn platform, with a forum moderated by trained safeguarding
- Enables learners to engage in real time with peers through a world leading social learning
- Enhanced by three live webinars including panel discussions with esteemed speakers
Why choose this course?
- Co created using The Open University's expertise in Open and Distance Learning together with safeguarding experts from the international aid sector.
- Free for learners allowing senior leaders with a responsibility for safeguarding to access the practical training they need to further develop their advanced safeguarding practice.
- Over 3500 learners have undertaken courses 1 and 2 so far, with excellent feedback received.
Read more details and register here.