Safeguarding Matters Module 5: Safe Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
This is the fifth and last module of the RSH e-learning series on safeguarding. The series introduces key safeguarding concepts through the fictional story of Family Health Frontiers (FHF) a national civil society organisation and their partner Sure Health Africa (SHA) dealing with real safeguarding issues.
This module introduces safeguarding practices for MEL through the ongoing story of FHF and its implementing partner SHA. Both are fictional national civil society organisations (CSO) dealing with real safeguarding issues. The module will cover how:
- Safeguarding should be considered and built into MEL activities throughout the programme cycle;
- MEL can support the safeguarding journey of an organisation or programme.
The module will help you:
- Become familiar with the basic principles for ensuring safe MEL.
- Understand how to gather feedback on safeguarding through routine monitoring activities.
- Understand the importance of safeguarding programme participants, community members and staff involved in MEL activities.
- Identify safeguarding risks within MEL activities and be able to apply basic principles of safe MEL to address these.
Study time: 45-60 minutes.
These modules contain content that you may find distressing.